Based at Manchester Airport
£35,918 per annum
Vacancies available for Rotating Days and Full Shifts
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts!
Our airport is growing at a rapid rate coupled with the biggest single construction project ever to take place in Greater Manchester, MAG is a hub of activity and excitement. Due to this expansion we have multiple, outstanding new opportunities to grow our Engineering Operations team.
You will proactively ensure that Manchester Airports engineered systems, equipment, services and facilities remain operational within specified safety, legislative, quality, environmental and performance standards and targets. You will undertake planned and reactive maintenance work on airport infrastructure to ensure optimum availability and serviceability of assets which meets agreed service levels and provides a trouble free operational environment for our customers
Typical duties include:
- Maximise personal capabilities to achieve minimum disruption and downtime in line with service level agreements and other performance standards
- Utilise MAG’s Maximo system to accurately record all activities for both planned and reactive tasks Provide clear and concise feedback on the performance of MAG’s Maximo system
- Achieve and maintain competence and knowledge required of the job through a positive attitude in team working, training, reading publications such as trade journals, maintenance manuals and internal policies and procedures. Advise line managers where further training or information is necessary to meet the requirements of the job
- Responsibility for safeguarding of good engineering practice across site
- Mentor and coach others so to ensure technical knowledge is shared between engineering colleagues
- Participate in projects, working parties and carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required by line management.
- Professional Engineering qualification in Electrical/Electronic – ONC minimum, HNC/HND essential
- A qualified Technician with multi skills and have ideally served a recognised apprenticeship
- High level of Electronic / Electrical / Mechanical knowledge, able to lead by example
- Experience of high speed automation equipment and associated control systems
- Vast previous experience of working in a similar capacity on a large commercial / industrial site where a similar range of multidiscipline engineering asset maintenance is undertaken
- Ability to read and interpret electronic, electrical, Hydraulic, mechanical schematic drawings
- Highly IT literate with the ability to carry out effective report writing utilising a suite of PC based Office applications
- Ability to utilise PC based systems to interrogate automated equipment and effectively diagnose faults
- Full UK Driving License
What We Offer
MAG offers a competitive salary plus pension, free parking and benefits package. We are an employer of choice and can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities in an exciting and dynamic business.
This role will close once we have received sufficient applications.
These exciting opportunities will commence in September 2018.
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.