Product Design Engineer / Product Development Engineer
Job Title: Product Design Engineer
Location: Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company, a leading British designer, innovator and manufacturer of exterior lighting solutions, currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Design Engineer to join their design team.
They are seeking an experienced Product Design Engineer to deliver well considered design solutions, meeting expectations of both time and budget.
Working to deliver best in class exterior lighting products, you will ideally have some experience of lighting (though not essential)
Experience of both mechanical, electrical and electronic packaging, you will be working under your own initiative but closely with other department functions such as Operations, Purchasing and Marketing departments.
The successful candidate will possess:
* A professional qualification in an engineering discipline – Degree/HNC level
* Experienced designing products for medium to high volume manufacturing –
* Exceptional CAD and design software literacy
* Experience of simulation software – preferably Solidworks Flow (desirable)
* Competent in the use of engineering data management software
* Excellent communication skills using visualisations, prototypes or block models
* Practical engineering know-how based on experience (5+ years)
* A high level of proficiency producing technical drawing to BS8888
* Thorough understanding of a wide variety of manufacturing methods and processes to including;
* Metal fabrication techniques
* Aluminium die casting
* Extrusion processes for Aluminium and Plastic
* Machining techniques
* Plastic part design for injection moulding
* Vacuum forming
* Written and verbal communication must be excellent with confidence to propose new ideas feely.
* An ability to communicate ideas to non-design functions, giving clarity is a must.
* You will be able to translate product requirements into multiple realistic design solutions for evaluation and selection
* An excellent eye for detail
* Excellent self-management skills, well organised and methodical in approach
* The ability to coordinate activities to progress designs quickly and efficiently
* Able to inform management of project status, live tasks and feedback project risks
Please Note: Due to the nature of the role, the company will not be providing sponsorship or a relocation package for this role and so candidates will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to both live and work in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Product Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Product Engineer, Development Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, CAD Design Engineer, CAD Designer, Solidworks Designer, Technical Design Engineer will also be considered for this role.