Building Services Engineer
Building Services Engineer
Ocado is an award-winning online retailer that continually reports double digit growth. We have world class automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC’s) in the UK and having revolutionised grocery shopping based on our ground breaking Ocado Smart Platform technology at home, we are now engaging in exciting new international business opportunities requiring the implementation of multiple CFC’s around the world.
To co-ordinate the maintenance activities of the sites technical services ensuring the efficient and cost-effective service to both internal and external customers. To set objectives and monitor the performance of external contractors and oversee along with the Building Services Manager the site maintenance on a daily basis. Focus on continuous improvement and cost savings in all areas of the business.
- Plan and co-ordinate maintenance activities, ensuring we deliver the required level of service to our operational and project customers.
- Be responsible for the Building maintenance, Refrigeration Plant, Office Plant, Compressor Plant, Generators and the infrastructure of the CFC.
- Monitor and manipulate data for energy management systems to determine priorities and efficiencies.
- Maintain and improve performance to maximise efficiency of the fridge plant.
- Develop in line with the Buildings Services Manager a site maintenance policy to ensure that all maintenance activities are carried out in a timely manner and to the appropriate standards.
- Monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions and introduce preventative measures where appropriate.
- To be contactable via telephone out of office hours, via the Ocado escalation procedure.
- Propose innovative ideas to enhance the warehouse or engineering functions and improve the general running of the business.
- Maintain and enhance the quality systems to ensure the site’s continuous improvement in a total quality environment.
- To deputise for the Building Services Manager in his absence.
- Prepare, manage and work within the agreed budget to assist in overall achievement of targets.
- Ensure site standards are high. An excellence approach to all activities and site standards is energised within yourself and the Engineering Team.
- Management of contractors and permit systems.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day works for the building services team.
- Coach, Manage, Train and Develop the building services team.
- Manage and support the Building services handyman in their day-to-day works and development
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software, this may include, but is not limited to:
- HNC Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Technician Apprenticeship
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Computer literate in MS office package.
- Experience within a service support role in an automated production environment, preferably for a 24/7 FMCG business; Management or Supervisory experience is not essential but would be beneficial
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.