Senior Track Engineer
- We are looking for a Senior Track Engineer for the planning and delivery of track renewals ensuring technical aspects of all works comply with relevant Network Rail Group and Line Standards and safety legislation.
Assist with the provision of technical support to the Programme Manager, Project Manager and Senior Engineer.
· Monitor and ensure technical compliance on all works, site and office.
· Ensure all works are undertaken all works in compliance with Contractual Specification and Network Rail Group and Line Standards.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant Safety Legislation.
· Undertake all technical aspects of works in compliance with Network Rail Group and Line Standards.
· Assist with and attend Whiteboard/Stage Gate meetings in accordance with Babcock Track Renewals Procedure producing the required outputs to support effective and robust delivery of the works to completion.
· Review completed works to ensure ‘Best Practice’ and ‘Lessons Learnt’ activities are captured, recorded and utilised in future work planning and execution
· Participate in the planning and preparation of Track Renewal works
· Undertake surveys, planning and programming of work, technical supervision on site, preparation of documents.
· Assist in the preparation and maintenance of all records required to meet Contract Network Rail Line Standards and Babcock procedures.
· Direct, control and monitor technical quality on site.
· Assist with the production of registers for management reports.
· Co-ordinate/Attend and record site meetings.
· Exercise leadership over other technical staff.
· Assist in the costing of technical activities within track renewal works.
· Assist with the preparation and submission of Bar Charts/Time Chainage charts, Lifting Plans, WPP’s, task Briefs and other site documentation all works.
· Ensure all works undertaken are planned, installed and tested in accordance with appropriate Network Rail Group and Line Standards.
· Ensure all aspects of works undertaken comply with technical specification.
· Plan and requisition all plant as required for the works
· Good knowledge of Track Renewals Disciplines.
· Excellent knowledge of Rules & Regulations, H.A.S.A.W and other appropriate regulations.
· Excellent knowledge of both group and line standards.
· In depth knowledge of all aspects of track renewals disciplines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· HNC in an Engineering discipline or working towards.
· Competencies as specified in the appropriate Core Competence profile