North American Compliance Project Manager (9 month contract)
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
Ocado has developed a world leading , state of the art high technology logistics platform . We have recently signed global deals with some of the worlds largest grocery retailers to provide them our Ocado Smart Platform as a service. We are looking for a contract project manager to project manage the conversion of our CE marked products to achieve North American Compliance across our portfolio of individual products that go to make up the Ocado Smart Platform. this is a tight timeline project and therefore requires a project manager who has delivered very similar projects before; driving the conversion of European CE marked products to achieve North American Compliance to the point of full sign off with an NRTL approved manufacturer . You will be based in our Welwyn Garden City office working with a mix of the Ocado design team and contractors but may also be required to spend time out in US or Canada working with our suppliers. This is expected to be a 9 month contract, but could extend further.
- Resource planning and project planning
- Auditing and tracking current status of conversion progress against deadlines.
- Communicating with all relevant departments and personnel within the business to ensure that product conversion status, issues and risks are clearly understood.
- Audit tracker completeness and accuracy
- Status, delay and risk reporting
- Process Compliance
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Minimum: Degree in a technically related subject.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the comparable mix of product standards, fire codes, electrical codes (NEC) and national law in North America to manage the conversion process of the designs from CE to North American compliant.
- Detail-orientated and organised individual, with a logical and methodological mindset
- Friendly and personable with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very good computing skills
- Experience in identifying, tracking and mitigating risks and issues in a project or a business environment
- Project planning and project management
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Excel and google sheets
- Project management qualification
- Experience of working abroad
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.