Maintenance Supervisor / Facilities Management
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £24,744 p.a
Job type: Full Time, Permanent (40 hours/week)
Closing Date: Thursday 12th July 2018 by noon
Interviews Date: 18th July 2018
The School is a delightful independent standalone prep school of 430 boys and girls aged 2 ½ to 13 set in 260 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside. The tremendous grounds include a Forest School and a School Farm. The school has a proud record of feeding many of the top day and boarding schools in the South East, with a large proportion of leaving students achieving scholarships and awards.
They are now seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and professional Maintenance Supervisor.
Main Purpose of role:
To support the Estate Manager in delivering the strategic objectives of the school’s business plan.
* To lead, motivate and direct a team of maintenance operatives to ensure that the whole school site is maintained to an excellent standard, with health and safety of students, staff and visitors at the core.
* Be responsible for the day to day organisation of the Maintenance Department with regard to allocation of tasks and general monitoring of work output across the whole School site, including the swimming pool and residential accommodation.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have a sound working knowledge in general maintenance and demonstrate a flexible, confident and polite manner at all times.
* Have a relevant trade qualification and have experience of working in a school or educational environment.
* Have a valid licence to drive in the UK
* Have STA Level 2 Swimming Pool Water Testing or commitment to complete this during the first 3 months
* Demonstrate IT skills, specifically in the use of email and MS Office
* Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication and customer service skills.
The role will involve flexible working in order to provide cover for the premises, particularly during colleague absence or illness. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client’s careers page.
NOTE: You will only be considered for this role if the application form is completed.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of Estate Management, Electrical Engineer, Facilities Management, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Qualified Electrician, Maintenance Coordinator, Electrician, Maintenance Supervisor and Estates Management may also be considered for this role.