Trainee Ink Technician
Trainee Ink Technician
Are you a production and machine operation professional with a great eye for detail? Want to diversify your skill-set and pursue an engaging career as a Trainee Ink Technician? If so, read on.
Serving a variety of sectors, our client is an award-winning provider of innovative packaging solutions. Due to continued expansion, they are now looking for a Trainee Ink Technician to join their team in Southend-on-Sea.
- Salary upwards of £22,000 DOE
- Company pension scheme (3% matched)
- A three-day weekend
- 21 days’ holiday
As part of this award-winning, local company, you will join a small friendly team and discover a success story more than 125 years in the making.
Theirs is a great place to work, expand your experience levels and grow your future worth. They work with some great brands and produce a wide variety of different products, taking a flexible, customer focused approach.
What’s more, you’ll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, meaning you’ll benefit from a three-day weekend.
Once you’ve completed our client’s on-the-job training, you will manage the day-to-day operations of our client’s Ink Room.
As a Trainee Ink Technician, you will manage stock, plan for future use, make up inks and make amendments to existing inks.
Your role will encompass four main areas; SHE (Safety, Health and Environment), quality, internal customer service, and operations.
- Conduct regular safety checks in the Ink Room
- Utilise forklifts in a safe manner
- Ensure BRC and ISO 9001 standards are met and operating areas adhere to 5S standards
- Advise internal departments of the daily plan as appropriate
- Planning work to meet requirements
- Stock management, stock checking and control of receipted materials
- Dispense ink in line with the daily production plan
- Manage and control ink-related consumables
- Liaise with internal departments on the daily plan
To be considered as a Trainee Ink Technician, you will need:
- Production and machine operation experience
- A good level of IT literacy, including MS Word and Excel and emails
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent)
- A full, valid driving licence
- A great eye for detail
- An organised and methodical approach to your work
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude
Due to the nature of this role, our client cannot progress applications from candidates who are colour-blind or suffer from any degree of colour-blindness.
Other organisations may call this role Trainee Ink Technician, Junior Ink Room Technician, Trainee Print Technician, Junior Colour Technician, Junior Print Machine Technician, Inking Technician or Print Production Operator.
Our client also encourages applications from individuals who have worked as a Machine Operator, Production Operator, Production Technician, Production Operative or Manufacturing Operative.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to develop a rewarding career as a Trainee Ink Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.