Product Continuous Improvement Team Leader
An exciting opportunity has been created to be part of a dynamic and fast paced team. We are seeking the right candidate to provide leadership within our Product Continuous Improvement team. Reporting directly to the Team manager you will have a high profile position within our growing and maturing organisation, communicating directly all the way up to Director level in Ocado.
We’re looking for a dynamic and proactive person to lead a team of engineers and analysts conducting root cause analysis of issues and leading continuous improvement projects to enhance our highly automated world leading logistics solution (Ocado Smart Platform).
Management of key issue resolution across multiple areas of the OSP Logistics Solution to establish and resolve failure modes, covering all hardware and software systems.
Driving the engineering root cause analysis process by identifying expertise required, estimating and securing relevant resource from across the business and project managing the RCA process.
Role & Responsibilities
- Utilise continuous improvement processes and establish lean/agile methodologies.
- Team leadership and day to day management
- Work with the Realisation Test Development Team to ensure implemented inspection and test arrangements meet agreed manufacturing objectives, transferring day to day knowledge to the engineering operations team to manage and maintain equipment
- Lead a team to utilise Test & Defects Analysis, PDCA processes and SPC principles.
- Ensure all implementations in production meet/exceed Health & Safety requirements
- Weekly reporting through meetings, written reports and presentations.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively verbal/written methods in formal and informal situations
- Ability to lead team of people from varying backgrounds and knowledge bases. Ability to lead remote teams and ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- Ability to understand system complexities to ensure the correct resource and development areas are allocated accordingly.
- Demonstrable project management experience in several previous roles.
- Ability to manage progress and delivery of fixes against timelines and overall cost benefits (Cost/Schedule/Scope).
- Ability to prioritise development work and fixes against other priorities across the required teams.
- Ability to clearly present findings and progress in a concise yet detailed manner.
- Ability to apply the right mix of urgency pressure with good process and understanding of business impact.
- Role is predominantly site based (currently Andover) but with requirement to be with the key dev teams as required if necessary in our various head office sites.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Degree qualified (Engineering or Science)
- Equivalency through experience will be considered
The role is based in Andover however you will be required to travel to other sites.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance ProgramFree Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site