Product Support Manager
An exciting opportunity has been created to be part of a dynamic and fast paced team. We are seeking the right candidate within our Product Continuous Improvement team to analyse data and conduct testing to prove/disprove hypotheses. Reporting directly to the Team leader you will have a high profile position within our growing and maturing organisation, communicating directly all the way up to Director level in Ocado.
We’re looking for a dynamic and proactive person to work within a team of engineers and analysts conducting root cause analysis of issues and driving continuous improvement projects to enhance our highly automated world leading logistics solution (Ocado Smart Platform.
- Support the resolution of Electro mechanical failure modes based on engineering principles and be involved in the roll-out and reporting of the solutions
- Support the resolution of Software failure modes and be involved in the roll- out and reporting of the solutions
- Provide technical support to the RCA process on both Electro Mechanical and Software issues
- Project manage the RCA process when required
- Liaising with RAT, PED, ACS, Senior management, Ops/Eng Ops to ensure implementation of robust solutions
- Utilise Test & Defects Analysis, PDCA processes and SPC principles.
- Weekly reporting through meetings, written reports and presentations
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Reporting to the PCI Team Lead, the PSM will be responsible for detailed investigations into specific failure modes and implementing solutions for the failures.
The analyst will work in the relevant priority stream as required. Examples of these include:
- Bot hoist
- Bot X/Y movements
- Bot motion control
- Grid failure modes
- Self motivated and ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work well within a team of multi-disciplined individuals
- Very keen eye for detail
Ideal candidate would have strong, demonstrated experience in the following areas (however, training is provided):
- Electrical and mechanical design and manufacture
- Automation software systems
- Identification and development of tests to support the RCA process, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters etc.
- Prepare written documentation of test results.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools and fixtures
- Read schematics, diagrams, or investigate technical information to support the RCA Process.
- SQL and data analysis - Mining data with BigQuery, Excel, Tableau, Kibana, Hawk
- Application of structured problem solving methods such as six sigma etc
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Professional or academic qualification in an engineering related field
- Equivalency through experience will be considered
The role is based in Andover however there will travel/time required at other sites.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.