Engineering Operations Team Manager
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a highly sophisticated pioneering automated solution. Ocado are forming exciting new business partnerships internationally with this innovative solution. We are now looking for a Engineering Operations Team Manager in Paris!
If you have the neccessary skills, character and experience below then please apply to this role in Paris!
As an Engineering Operations Team Manager, you will lead and manage how the shift based Engineers and Technicians undertake the day to day reactive and planned engineering activities and improvement works at the Customer Fulfillment Centre(CFC). This will include day to day personnel management, driving standards and ensuring the team is of technical excellence.
- Day to day supervision of shift engineers and technicians including prioritisation and allocation of workload
- Be proactive in the development of team members, Advise, lead and motivate team members, assess capability and identify and resolve training and skill requirements, be involved in disciplinary issues.
- Assessment of engineering team skills and assisting in up skilling and training of staff, including integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs, and defect reporting/resolving
- Reporting and monitoring of data capture for automation and maintenance activities
- Ability to lead from the front, driving pace accuracy and standards. As part of this be competent and experienced as an Engineer in own right, either mechanically or electrically, although must be familiar and competent with both streams of engineering to enable decision making.
- Responsibility for the day to day implementation of the Health, Safety and Environment Policy across the Engineering Operation
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software, this may include, but is not limited to…
- Higher education (diploma) Engineering,
- Equivalent relevant Degree coupled with relevant applied learning,
- Engineering Technical Apprenticeship
- Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3
- Experience at a management or supervisory level within an automated environment
- Good organisational ability and the ability to plan and prioritise.
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Comprehensive understanding of production, picking and storage MHE systems, gained from experience in an automated environment.
- Experience of a FMCG environment.
- Experience of working with Computerised maintenance management systems
- Numerate and PC literate including Word, Excel etc.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Controls engineering experience
- 5S qualification and experience