Engineering Procurement Manager
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Procurement Professional to join our rapidly growing Engineering Supply Chain team. You will procure and deliver complex electro mechanical systems and equipment in UK and overseas, against short lead times, to achieve business goals and objectives, whilst building relationships with suppliers to ensure long term cost reduction and delivery.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will work closely with internal stakeholders (e.g. Engineering Operations, Business Project Managers, Central Engineering) and external stakeholders to ensure successful delivery.
- Communicate across teams and to project stakeholders ensuring alignment of projects and expectations.
- Expand Supplier base to satisfy international and scale requirements of future business needs.
- Coordination and management of key suppliers
- Ensure delivery schedules stay on plan, budget and meet specified Quality standards
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating supply chain challenges
- Take ownership of supply issues, resolving them in line with business need
- Work with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
What are we after?
- A “can do” and “in this together” attitude and approach to work
- Good track record of component sourcing and supply chain scaling within Europe and worldwide including legal contract management
- Stimulated by a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Commercially aware and considers business impacts of decisions and proposals
- Able to communicate complex information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of seniority
- Customer focused
- Proven track record in effective supplier development and management
- Qualification at higher national or degree level
- Experience of working in Engineering environment
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software
- Although based at our Hertfordshire head office, you will be expected to travel to sites both in the UK and abroad.
What can Ocado offer you?
- Full participation in complex, highly automated, multi-million pound projects
- Working with new and ground breaking technology
- Opportunity to drive the development of a new and exciting function within Ocado
- Freedom to create and innovate
- The satisfaction of making a tangible difference
Pension, 15 % Staff discount, Share Options, Share Save Scheme, Life assurance (3 x basic annual salary), AXA PPP Healthcare, Critical illness cover + many more