Job Ref: 2990
Job type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Culham, Oxfordshire
Salary: £32,993 - £37,069 (inclusive of MPP) + excellent benefits including outstanding pension scheme
Closing date: 23rd August 2018
Are you an experienced technician/supervisor with excellent communication and planning skills?
Do you have a background in HVAC installations supervision with a relevant qualification?
Do you have substantial knowledge and industry experience working on HVAC Systems?
The UK Atomic Energy Authority have an excellent opportunity for a HVAC Technician to join the Site Technical Services Group within the Engineering Support Department. The team consists of circa five employees and are responsible for the installation, maintenance and modifications of HVAC Systems across the UKAEA estate at Culham.
Key accountabilities/responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for preparation of written safe systems of work and risk assessments for assigned packages of work.
- Take responsibility for planning, procurement, installation and commissioning of assigned mechanical tasks.
- Prepare engineering procedures, method statements, and local rules in support of STSG requirements.
- Set to work and supervise experienced tradesmen, ensuring UKAEA operational priorities are fully supported.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
For further information on why UKAEA is a great place to work please review our recruitment video via the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77D3F3ILl98
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
Knowledge skills and experience
- ONC or equivalent in Mechanical/Building services Engineering.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of industrial HVAC plant.
- Must demonstrate a high level of understanding of Written Safe Systems of Works.
- Experience of planning, organising and communicating in an industrial environment.
- Computer literate and practised in the use of Microsoft Office software.
-Membership of a professional engineering institution.
-Experience of commissioning HVAC systems and controls.
-There is a requirement to work in active areas, with hazardous materials, and at height.
-There is an occasional requirement to be available to work extended hours/weekends.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
- As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.