Fire Alarm Engineer /Maintenance Technician /Installation Engineer
Job Title: Fire Alarm Engineer
Location: Ideally located between North Nottingham and Leeds
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 basic salary + paid overtime time and a half on Saturdays and double time Sundays/Bank Holidays
Job Type: Full Time Permanent, 40 hour basic week (availability between 06:30 & 18:30)
The company is a leading UK owned security and fire systems specialist based in South Yorkshire.
Their strategy is to target technical projects that require specialist product, engineering and delivery expertise, focusing on security, smart building and Integrated applications which include life safety, in accordance with the stated customer requirements.
With over 30 years’ experience, the company provides a broad range of stand-alone or integrated technology solutions for security, safety, asset protection, building management and associated applications, fully accredited to NSI and BAFE Gold.
They are currently seeking a Fire Service Engineer to join their team in the United Kingdom.
* Maintain the requirements, duties and responsibilities of a Field Service Engineer
* Install, repair, service and maintain the full range of the company’s equipment
* Maintain a level of customer satisfaction, as laid out in the regional guidelines
* Support regional/national revenue/expense and customer satisfaction objectives by actively selling service contracts, supply conversions and promoting service as an added value commodity
* Promote the company and products in a positive manner at all times.
* Travel and stay overnight as and when required by the workload to complete work outside of normal geographic location
* Manage your own workload and arrange customer visits as required by workload.
* Communicate with Service office staff via the internal job allocation system and telephone contact to ensure that customer communication and scheduling is maintained
* At least 5 years’ experience working with analogue and addressable network systems, including graphics
* Candidates will preferably be fully Gent trained with formal training provided for the successful candidate that has proven experience with Notifier/Advanced and Morley systems
* Ideally have some commissioning experience, willing to further enhance these skills
* Excellent customer facing skills
* Reliable and dependable
* Flexible working attitude, willing to travel and stay away
* Organise and plan own workload
* Understand and manage internal and external customer expectations
Why this Company?
* Working on exciting and challenging applications
* Providing excellent continuous learning environment through external channels for technical skills
* Enhance own personal development
* Ability to influence and manage own environment
* Full clean driving license
* Full 10 year security screening undertaken in line with BS7858
* 3 month probationary period
* Call out allowance, call outs are paid (minimal call outs)
* First hour travel in each day is unpaid
* Company estate vehicle will be provided, fuel card provided and private miles are re-charged at 13p per mile
* Customer focused incentives
* 20 days basic holiday, uplifting to 24 + Statutory days
* Company contributory pension scheme
* Company workwear provided
* Laptop, Mobile Phone, Testing Equipment & Plant
The company is an equal opportunity employer. They evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Service Technician, Electrical Engineer, Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Technician, Service Engineer, Installation Engineer, Repairs Engineer may also be considered for this role.