£28k - £32k DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE + BONUS + BENEFITS
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the leading UK provider of sealing solutions for a Quality Engineer to work in a busy team within the Quality Department.
The company’s capabilities include design, development and manufacturing. Based in Bedford, the company has been established for over 40 years, experiencing a healthy growth year upon year. We are dynamic, fast paced and engineering led, operating in several key markets such as Oil and Gas, Automotive, Aerospace, Life Sciences and Packaging solutions.
- PPAP: sample review and submission, including the review and completion of all supporting documentation.
- Inspection and measurement of samples according to Technical drawing specifications, and customer individual requirements.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on a daily basis.
- Investigate internal, external non-conformances, and completion of relevant quality reporting systems e.g. 8D, 4M, FTA.
- To help maintain and improve all quality systems, according to ISO9001 & AS9120B standard requirements.
- Conduct internal audits, as part of the Audit Team.
- Work closely with all departments to review customer quality requirements, to ensure these are met.
Key Skills Required:
- Previous experience of working as part of a Quality Assurance function, preferable within a Mechanical Engineering Environment.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawing specifications preferred.
- Knowledge of working in accordance to ISO9001 &/or AS9120B.
- Strong communication and organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and perform effectively under pressure, in a fast moving environment.
- Work well as part of a team, and independently, in order to meet the quality departments deadlines and targets.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude with a desire to learn, improve and succeed.