Security Systems Engineer / Maintenance Engineer – CCTV / Access / Intruder
Job Title: Security Systems Engineer
Location: Ideally located around Nottinghamshire – Leeds
Salary: £28,000 - £31,000 basic salary + paid overtime, weekdays basic, Saturday time & half, Sunday and Bank
Holidays at double time
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (40 hour basic week, availability between 06:30 & 18:30)
The Company is a leading UK owned security and fire systems specialist based in South Yorkshire.
Their strategy is to target technical projects that require specialist product, engineering and delivery expertise, focusing on security, smart building and Integrated applications which include life safety, in accordance with the stated customer requirements.
With over 30 years’ experience, the Company provides a broad range of stand-alone or integrated technology solutions for security, safety, asset protection, building management and associated applications, fully accredited to NSI and BAFE Gold.
Why this Company:
Working on exciting and challenging applications, with innovative and industry product and software partners as well as exciting customer applications ranging from public stadia to healthcare, petrochemical etc. the Company provides an excellent continuous learning environment through external channels for technical skills and to enhance own personal development. Would suit someone with strong engineering skills that want to maintain those standards and grow.
Purpose of the Role:
* Respond to reactive call-outs within contractual response times, fault finding and first fix resolution
* Undertake preventative maintenance activity. Ability to undertake small works
* Out of hours technical support and call-out where required
Key Performance Indicators:
* Health & Safety
* At least 5 years relevant experience with IP and analogue CCTV systems, Access Control and Intruder Alarm systems
* Suitably experience of IP CCTV networks and recording platforms such as the likes of Avigilon, Milestone, Indigo Vision Meyertech, Synetics, Axis and Bosch, as well as broad product knowledge of Access Control from standard industry product such as Paxton and Winpak to more enterprise and single platform solutions such as CEM, Kantech and C-Cure
* Knowledge of basic industry standard for Intruder Alarms
* Excellent customer facing skills
* Reliable and dependable
* Flexible working attitude, willing to travel and stay away
* Organise and plan own workload
* Understand and manage internal and external customer expectations
* Evidence of vocational and relevant formal qualifications
* Demonstrate understanding of relevant electrical knowledge and testing
* Evidence of enhanced learning through formal and manufacturer training
* Full clean driving license
* Full 10 year security screening undertaken in line with BS7858
* 3 month probationary period
* Call out allowance, call outs are paid (minimal call outs)
* First hour travel in each day is unpaid
* Company estate vehicle will be provided, fuel card provided and private miles are re-charged at 13p per mile
* Customer focussed incentives
* 20 days basic holiday, uplifting to 24 + Statutory days
* Company contributory pension scheme
* Company workwear provided
* Laptop, Mobile Phone, Testing Equipment & Plant
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Security Engineer, Installation Engineer, Alarms Maintenance Engineer, CCTV Maintenance Engineer, Alarms Technician, Alarms Engineer, Access Control Engineer, CCTV Installation Engineer, Intruder Alarms Engineer may also be considered for this role.