- Full Time
Do you have experience in delivering high quality customer service? If so, we currently have an opportunity within our developer services team for an assistant engineer.
Wessex Water is a top performing water and sewerage company in the UK, serving 2.8 million customers across the south west of England. It is part of the Wessex Water Group, which comprises a number of other companies, alongside our regulated business, including engineering and construction, property development and waste management and renewable energy services.
Our developer services team deals with all types of new developments and is a central point of contact for developers, councils and the public. It offers advice and technical guidance on water supply and drainage issues for new housing and commercial areas as well as working closely with internal departments to identify capacity constraints, agree new connections and ensure that any new developments are provided with adequate water supply and sewerage services.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Monitoring all incoming applications to ensure target levels of service are met and maintained.
* Exercising control over new developments likely to affect the public sewerage and water supply system.
* Assess, comment and advise on the implications of new sewerage proposals by developers.
* Assess the new sewerage infrastructure proposed for adoption by Wessex Water to meets the required standards.
* Procure and monitor agreements for proposed works relating to the adoption of sewers and diversion of public sewers and water mains.
* Working within tight timescales and budgetary limits.
* Managing and maintaining relationships with external and internal customers.
* Providing support to the development engineer.
The ideal candidate should:
* Have a degree in engineering - preferably chartered.
* Have sustainable drainage systems (SuDs) design experience.
* Be computer literate.
* Be able to work under pressure and prioritise workload to meet target levels of service.
* Be highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
* Be able to communicate at all levels when dealing with internal and external customers.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
* Defined contribution pension scheme.
* 24 days' holiday rising to 28 with length of service.
* Childcare vouchers.
* Cycle2Work scheme.
* Discounts and cashback scheme from more than 1,200 high street and online suppliers.
Sound interesting? Please apply by clicking APPLY below quoting job reference REQ002271.
Please remember you must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK and provide evidence of qualifications gained. All offers of employment will be subject to a Basic Disclosure Criminal Records check