CFD / FEA Engineer / Environmental Engineer / Chemical Engineer
Job Title: CFD/FEA Engineer
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company has led the field of fluid engineering for over 70 years. Specialists in understanding how fluids behave, how they interact with each other and how they react with their surroundings, the Company take a problem solving approach to design, develop, validate and optimise processes for the benefit of our clients. Established in 1947, and privately owned since 1989, they are based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
They are currently looking for a Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineer with strong background and interest in CFD/FEA simulations, hydraulic simulations, fluid mechanics, and ideally with an interest and experience of pressure surge and amelioration for pipeline systems. Given the nature of their work, the successful candidate will be expected to work with a wide range of industrial processes and sectors including water and wastewater, renewable and conventional energy sources, process industries and defence and aerospace.
The Candidate – Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
* MSc or PhD in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline with a solid knowledge of fluid dynamics
* Proven experience in using mesh generation tools, commercial CFD software (preferably ANSYS Fluent, Star-CCM+ and OpenFOAM) and/or FEA (preferably ANSYS Mechanical) and developing UDFs
* Exposure to at least two of the following areas of application:
* Multiphase flows (two or three phase flows)
* Implementation of chemical reaction models
* Population balance models
* Free surface flows
* Heat transfer
* Dynamic mesh applications
* Pressure surge analysis
* Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI)
* Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously while working in a team of experienced professionals
The following attributes would be advantageous:
* Experience of computer applications such as Flowmaster, WANDA, KYPipe, EPANet for hydraulic and pressure surge analysis
* Programming skills preferably C/C++
* A challenging and stimulating environment working on technically innovative projects
* A competitive remuneration rate is offered
* The Company supports its staff to achieve chartered status of relevant institutions
* Situated on the Cranfield University campus, we enjoy access to a wide range of social and recreational facilities as well as learning resources
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Civil Engineer, Environmental Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Fluid Dynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer, Finite Element Analysis Engineer, Software Engineer, may also be considered for this role.