Mechanical/Mechatronic/Optics Design Engineer
The Surrey Space Centre (SSC), part of the Department of Electronic Engineering, is a world-class institution for space research. You will join one of the largest space systems groups in Europe. The Surrey Space Centre is looking for a new team member with Mechatronics, Mechanical or Opto-Mechanical design skills.
The successful candidate will have:
• At least a degree in mechanical engineering or a closely related subject.
• 3 to 5 years Demonstrable experience in design and build of mechanical systems and particularly the full product lifecycle.
• An understanding of space requirements and constraints.
• An understanding of the effects of thermal and vibration environments and how they may affect optical performance.
• Experience of taking a design through physical test and evaluation.
• An understanding of integrated mechanical / electrical systems.
• This is an 18 month post, for further information, please contact Simon Fellowes at S.Fellowes@surrey.ac.uk.
The University of Surrey is amongst the highest achieving universities in the United Kingdom, having been awarded the Times/ Sunday Times University of the Year Award for 2016. We are ranked 10th in The Times Higher Education Table of Tables for UK universities in 2017, and we are the recipient of four Queen’s Anniversary Prizes.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive 32 days annual leave/closure days and a great benefits package including pension and discounted membership to our world-renowned Surrey Sports Park.