Electrical Engineer / Electrician / Electrical Installation
Job Title: Electrical Project Engineer (Electrician)
Location: Nottingham, NG6 8WA
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is a specialist, design, installation, testing and maintenance contractor, within the electrical earthing, lightning protection and height safety market. Operating nationally, the business focuses on providing top quality safety-critical services for the protection of people, buildings and infrastructure. They are a successful, growing company that is looking for talented employees who want to work in an environment that is challenging and rewarding.
The Electrical Project Engineer is responsible for the accurate, compliant, timely and cost effective delivery of surge protection solutions in which responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Attending client sites to survey potential surge protection requirements
* Working with the CAD team to produce bespoke surge protection solutions, creating value engineering design quotations for clients in a timely manner
* Performing the installation of surge protection systems, ensuring compliance with technical standards (including completing relevant certification on completion)
* Ensuring timely delivery of works with costs controlled and planned profit margins maintained through effective scheduling and management of labour, plant and materials
* Acting as the technical contact and liaison with clients and sub-contractors
* Reporting progress on projects, as required to senior reports
* Upholding H&S standards, including, but not limited to, completing risk assessments and conducting site safety audits
The ideal Candidate will have /be:
* 17th edition (Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671: 2008 (2015)) and driving licence is essential
* Knowledge of lightning protection and BS62305 would be a distinct advantage
* Confident in supervising and managing multiple commercial contracts
* Competent in writing system quotations, reports and certifications with a strong attention to detail
* Proficient in domestic, industrial and commercial electrical installations working autonomy (both single and 3 phase)
* Excellent customer liaison skills
* Effective communication skills - technical and business related, with an ability to build relationships at all levels
* Flexible approach to work pattern as the role involves extensive travel, varying start/finish times as operationally required and the ability to lodge away from home is essential
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: Only apply if you live in a commuting distance or are willing to reallocate.
Due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Electrical Project Engineer, Project Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Industrial Electrician, Electrician, Installation Engineer, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Engineering Project Manager, Mechanical Maintenance Technician and Project Electrician may also be considered for this position.