Fabrication Shift Manager / Fabrication Team Manager
Job Title: Fabrication Shift Manager
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire
Salary: £12.75 per hour plus shift allowance
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 6am – 2pm
Established for over 35 years and now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies, the Company is looking to recruit a Fabrication Shift Manager to join their team in Rotherham.
This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
* To layout and organize the production process to provide maximum efficiency and process control.
* To ensure commercial aspect of all decisions are made a priority
* Implement and maintain strict quality controls across the fabrication process
* To ensure team members are fully trained:- to use the relevant machines and equipment; to be able to read drawings; to produce the required quality; and to maximize efficiency
* To manage the department and ensure that all employees fulfil their respective responsibilities.
* To apply best practice in work methods and material handling to reduce hazards and risk of accidents and to ensure a safe working
* environment which complies with Health & Safety Standards
* To actively seek and apply continuous improvements to all processes including the management system
* To develop personnel in line with their capabilities, expectations and the company’s requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Previous experience in relevant environment preferable
* Good understanding of fabrication and welding processes
* Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
* Understanding of company quality procedures and specific customer requirements.
* Ability to effectively communicate with customers on quality and service
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team and lead and manage others to achieve desired results
* Management experience
* Team leadership and motivational skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Results oriented change agent who is an effective business systems thinker
* Excellent Communicator
* 25 days holiday per year
* Company Pension Scheme
* Death in Service Award
* Free secure parking
* Health care scheme
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Fabrication Team Leader, Fabrication Supervisor, Fabrication Team Supervisor, Engineering Team Leader, Engineering Team Supervisor, Shift Supervisor, Shift Manager, Shift Leader, Production Supervisor, Production Manager, Shift Operations Manager, Shift Coordinator, Training Manager, Production Supervisor will also be considered for the role.