Technical Field Engineers
Job Title: Technical Field Engineers
Location: Warks – Rugby/Crick/Daventry
Job Type: Full Time
About the company:
Today’s customers are always on the go and want their products faster and cheaper than ever before. Global interconnectedness is growing. That’s why you need a powerful, international network to manage your supply chain.
With 350,000 people in over 220 countries and territories worldwide, they’re reaching more people than ever. And, as they’re already thinking about what the world in 2050 might look like, they’re preparing for the logistics challenges that lie ahead.
Because the Company is not only delivering packages. It’s their goal to bring joy and prosperity to the people they serve. Everywhere. Every day.
As one of the world’s largest and most innovative employers, they take special pride in their people. As a global company they value diversity, ambition and a collaborative can-do attitude. And that offers you all the support you need to make your career as rewarding as possible.
Join us now and realise your full potential.
For the role of Technical Field Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that you are maintaining and increasing Installations safety and quality standards in line with Gas Safe and NICEIC Electrical Standards. Support QA Supervisor with delivery of quality assurance documentation to ensure all elements of installations work tasks are audited against agreed standards. Lead in completing filed based audits of Installations services for Laundry, Cooking and other installations requirements as the customer offering is developed.
- Act as primary advisor to the Installations team member on QA issues/initiatives (e.g. problem solving, identification and escalation of significant QA issues)
- Support with the creation, maintenance and update SOP's, WI's and other learning materials to be used by the 2 Man Installations Team
- Assess customer requirements and ensure these are met at all times.
- Responsible for completing inspections and audits at end customer dwellings, ensuring this is delivered professionally and courteously at all times.
- Must have recognised industry accreditation of competence in the field of Gas Installation and hold ACS CCN1 and CKR1; Range Cookers DOM LPG / DOM NG; Pipework DOM NG (CORE)
- Responsible for maintaining the Company’s Gas Safe Registration at Site level.
- Assist with recruitment and training of Gas and Electric cooker Installers.
- Provide direct support to Retail in matters relating to Gas and Electric cooker installations.
- Responsible for maintaining the Company’s Gas QMS for Gas at Site level
- Actively participate in Root Cause Problem Solving techniques and implement agreed improvements
- Provide guidance, discipline and other personnel related activity in accordance with corporate policies.
- Develop and maintain QA systems and registry to ensure compliance to all system requirements including document control and records, specifications, maintaining colleague competency training records, product identification, trace / recall and incident management.
- Champion Continuous Improvement , change culture and quality service delivery across 2 Man Installations Services
Our ideal candidate;
- Excellent PC literacy skills, including Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Good problem solving, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work both within a team environment and individually
- High attention to details and accurate numerical skills is essential.
- Previous experience of logistics
- Engineering qualifications are desirable
- Understanding of quality management principles and the clients systems. i.e. OMS, Kronos etc.
- Project management/process improvement workshop experience
- DMAIC accreditation desirable
- Previous experience of developing and delivering training.
As a part of the clients growing population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.