Street Lighting Electrician
Job Title: Security Lighting Electrician
Based in Stockport, our Clients teams provide dedicated, specialist services to the public and private sector businesses in the Greater Manchester areas. Their culture is to engage and listen to the customer’s needs, responding with effective, professional and innovative solutions.
Their teams of experts provide customers with a fully rounded ‘one stop shop’ – catering to all facilities management needs in one place.
To carryout installation and maintenance of new and existing street lighting apparatus and other electrical work carried out by the Company. To issue the appropriate electrical certification as and when required. To provide accurate information of completed work.
* To receive work instructions from either the Supervisor Manager and/or higher graded personnel
* To identify and understand the task to be undertaken.
* To formulate the correct approach, to carry out the task in a safe and effective manner, with regard to Health and Safety and other relevant legislation.
* To assess the correct quantities and specification of materials and plant required to complete the task
* To use all equipment and machinery effectively, efficiently in accordance with safe working practices, including driving, and operation of company vehicles and plant.
* To use all materials in accordance with safe working practices, including manual handling, and the COSHH Regulations.
* Competent in Street lighting electrical installation and understanding of Street lighting circuits
* Must be able to work at heights
* Competent in the use of hydraulic platforms
* Competent in the Knowledge of H/S at work Regulations
* Must have City & Guilds 236 Part 2, Electrical Installation Certificate NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent, and possess a full LGV Driving Licence or Equivalent
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Street Lighting Manager, Senior Manager, Civil Engineering Manager, Operations Executive, Street Lighting Support, Commercial, Ops Manager, Senior Management, Manager, Lighting Manager, B2B support may also be considered for this role.