SP Energy Networks is part of the ScottishPower Group of companies. We provide power on behalf of supply companies through a network of cables and power lines that we own and maintain. We do it responsibly. We do it with respect for people and for the environment. We do it looking at the long term, not just today. We do it innovatively.
In order to succeed in our goal of being a leading diverse energy company, it is important that we are able to attract and retain a diverse pool of talent at all levels in the organisation.
Operational Engineering Programme
Our Operational Engineering programme has been developed to enable us to produce highly motivated, operational engineers for our SP Energy Networks business.
The programme follows a structured training programme which involves; formal courses, vocational on the job training, assessments and projects. The duration of the programme will vary on your experience and could be anything from 6 -18 months to complete.
On successful completion, you will be an Operational Engineer in one of our districts in Scotland, England or Wales, with the potential to progress to Senior Engineer.
This development programme is aimed at people who are currently working in a related field or industry as an Engineer or Technician. We will also consider semi-trained individuals willing to make the transition to operating and supporting a large scale network within their community.
We are looking for applications from people who have achieved level HNC in Electrical Engineering and in addition to this have relevant work experience including;
• Operating, switching and issuing permits for work on low or high voltage distribution, independent, private or site networks as an authorised person
• Installing, operating or undertaking inspection and maintenance on low or high voltage distribution, independent, private or site networks
• Working under safe systems of work or permitting regimes
• Appropriate Electrical Authorisations
• Awareness of Health & Safety and environmental legislation
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
You’ll also need to be a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. You should also be a good problem solver and confident decision maker.
Rewards & Benefits
Depending on your experience your starting salary will be from £30,000 - 40,000.
Stakeholder pension scheme
Generous holiday entitlement
Subsidised gym facilities