Senior Development Engineer
Edwards are looking to recruit a number of Senior Development Engineers.
Working under the direction of the Lead Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of design solutions within a multi-discipline engineering team, supporting product development at Product Company, Clevedon
- To design and develop modules/sub-assemblies of new products in accordance with Edwards’ Product Commercialisation Process (PCP) ensuring that the required reliability, quality and cost targets are met
- To meet the Master Specification targets and ensure conformance to the relevant international, national and industry safety standards
- To verify that the designs meet the Master Specification and conform to the relevant design standards by calculation and/or testing as appropriate
- Accountable for the design and development of sub-assemblies of a product ensuring the specified quality and cost are achieved to the agreed project time scale
- Responsible for the detailed documentation of the design (models, drawings, design data, BOM, test data) ensuring all relevant information is recorded in a timely manner and placed in the Technical Construction File (TCF)
Qualifications & Experience:
- A good mechanically biased engineering degree (or other engineering qualification depending on experience)
- At least 5 years’ post degree experience of working on whole system design and development in a Development environment.
- Ability to form and lead teams, coordinating actions to specific goals
- Excellent problem solver
- In-depth experience in product introductions and experience of managing elements of larger projects in support.
- Experience in directing the work, mentoring and supporting more junior engineers and designers
- A high level of 3D and 2D CAD skills (CATIA, Visio, AutoCAD and/or other drafting tools)
- FEA and CFD skills would be an advantage
- An understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and system schematics
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Used to working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to convey design intent concisely to all levels (upper management, Project Managers, Lead Engineers, peers and other members of the team) – to inform and to educate.