Are you looking to take on your next challenge as a Design Engineer? Want to work on ground-breaking projects with a business that’s pushing boundaries within their industry? If so, read on.
Vertical Aerospace is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are now looking for a Design Engineer to join our team in Bristol.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of 3%
- Share scheme
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the creation of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry.
You will join a talented and fresh-thinking team who are striving to deliver performance, ideas and concepts that make a real difference.
We believe that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As a Design Engineer, you will support the development of our new aircraft.
Reporting to the Head of Structures, you will:
- Work with Stress Engineers and Senior Designers to develop prototypes and production designs in-line with programme requirements
- Create 3D parts and assemblies using SolidWorks
- Make engineering drawings of composite and metallic structures
- Help to manage suppliers that are delivering components or systems to the project
To join us as a Design Engineer, you’ll need:
- At least three years’ engineering experience
- Significant experience of and proficiency in at least one current CAD package, ideally SolidWorks
- Fundamental knowledge of aircraft structures and systems
- An in-depth understanding of design requirements and system engineering approaches
- A thorough understanding of engineering first principles and the ability to perform basic hand calculations to sense check designs
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an aerospace, motorsport, mechanical engineering or related discipline
Other companies may call this role Design Engineer, Composite Design Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, Aviation Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer or Engineer.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and Vertical Aerospace are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take your next step as a Design Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.