Avionics Systems Engineer
Avionics Systems Engineer
Vertical Aerospace is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We’re now looking for two Avionics Systems Engineers to join our team and support the development of our new aircraft.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of 3%
- Share scheme
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the creation of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry.
You will join a talented and fresh-thinking team who are striving to deliver performance, ideas and concepts that make a real difference.
We believe that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As an Avionics Systems Engineer, you will develop the platform avionics, control systems and ground systems for our new aircraft.
Your duties will include:
- Capturing requirements, breaking them down and tracking each step
- Designing architecture taking into account performance, complexity and/or development trade offs
- Creating work that complies with relevant aerospace standards
- Carrying out fault-tree/safety analysis
- Simulating systems and integrating equipment
- V&V activities
- Presenting complex system information in an understandable way to different levels of the business
To join us as an Avionics Systems Engineer, you’ll need:
- At least three to seven years' engineering experience, with the majority in systems engineering (grade offered depends on level of experience)
- Experience of designing system of system products
- Previous experience of MATLAB and Simulink
- Knowledge of software and hardware engineering practices and patterns for the full software, hardware and/or network development lifecycle
- Proficiency in SysML
- Proficiency in basic coding, such as Python, C++ OR Java
- A Bachelor’s degree in electronics, software and/or a relevant engineering discipline
Other companies may call this role Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, Avionics Engineer, Software Developer, Aviation Systems Engineer, Aviation Engineer or Engineer.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and Vertical Aerospace are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as an Avionics Systems Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.