Systems Design Engineer
Systems Design Engineer
Vertical Aerospace is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are now seeking a Systems Design Engineer to join our incredible team in Bristol and provide expertise and insight into electro-mechanical design solutions.
- Competitive salary
- Pension contributions of 3%
- Share scheme
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
- Become part of an exceptionally talented team making huge advances in personal travel
- The chance to join an exciting, innovative and well-funded project that has moved beyond the start-up phase
If you’ve got excellent design skills and the vision to help create something amazing, this is a superb chance to go further, do more and operate at the forefront of personal aircraft travel.
We believe that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As a Systems Design engineer, you will be tasked with designing varied systems for our new type of aircraft. You will focus on landing gear systems, flight surface actuation, fire detection/suppression and electrical distribution.
Delivering design solutions throughout the product development lifecycle, you will also:
- Design aircraft system architecture
- Create 2D and 3D designs of systems installations
- Manage outsourced work packages
- Design equipment integrations within an airframe
- Support the manufacture and testing of prototypes
- Carry out Verification and Validation (V&V) activities
- Present complex system information to all levels of the business
- Ensure all design work complies with relevant aircraft standards
To be considered as a Systems Design Engineer, you will need:
- At least five years’ electro-mechanical design experience, with the majority in system installation design
- Experience of both electrical and mechanical system design
- Proficiency in defining equipment specifications and external work packages
- 2D and 3D design package skills, using systems such as Catia and SolidWorks
- Knowledge of installation design requirements for electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience of communicating with stakeholders, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or a relevant engineering discipline, ideally aerospace engineering
Hands-on experience of aerospace systems installation and/or maintenance would be beneficial to your application. Experience of certification to aerospace standards wold also be advantageous, as would knowledge of current and developing electric vehicle and aircraft technologies.
Other organisations may call this role Systems Design Engineer, Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Systems Installation Design Engineer, Aerospace Design Engineer, or Vehicle Design Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and Vertical Aerospace are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for an incredible role as a Systems Design Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.