Production Assistant /Production Operative /Assembly Technician
Job Title: Bench Technician - Production Assistant
Location: Basildon (Travelling required – UK driving licence is essential)
Salary: £9.00 – £11.00 per hour (based on skills level)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a growing organisation within the RF & Microwave industry. Their top clients include MOD, Network Rail, Balfour Beatty, DSTL, Thales, BAE Systems. They are currently looking to resource immediately available candidates for offsite shifts nationally.
Purpose of the Role:
- To assist with the smooth running of the workshop
- To ensure all work is carried out under the organisations QMS system and in line with health and safety practices
- Building and Testing of products to in house test specifications and Assembly operations with PCB, electro-mechanical and wire looms
- Timely completion of works order in line with customer requirements
- Fault finding and repair of units as needed
- Conduct functional testing of completed units and sub-assemblies
- Involvement in the continuous improvement initiatives within the test area
- Maintaining works order system, quality adherence and recording of test data
- Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritise and organise to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Ensure a high standard of professionalism is maintained and that customer care is foremost
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area and department
- Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company policy
- Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes
- Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times
- Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
In addition to your normal duties, you may from time to time be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Managing time and prioritising actions is important, it is an individual’s responsibility to report any restraints in their work area.
UK Driving licence is essential and travel required as dictated by project needs and customer Field activity requirements.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Manufacturing Operative, Production Operations, Project Coordinator, Materials Handler, Warehouse Operative, Goods Inwards, Process Operative, Goods Outwards, Labourer, Production Operative, Processing Plant Operator, Process Plant Operative, First Line Operations Support, First Line Plant Operations Support, Production Coordinator, Machine Operator, Machine Operatives, Machine Operative, Factory Assistant, Line Operative, Production Operative, will also be considered for this role.