Vertical Aerospace is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are now looking for a Development Engineer to join us in Bristol and support the ongoing development of our personal aircraft.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of 3%
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the creation of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry.
We believe that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As a Development Engineer, you will help to design our powertrain at a system, sub-system and component level.
Reporting to the Head of Powertrain, you will:
- Ensure that all tasks are completed in-line with H&S requirements
- Evaluate off-the-shelf options and prepare design definitions when necessary
- Develop in-house test facilities to assess and optimise the performance of powertrain elements
- Prepare test plans, procedures and reports
- Document and investigate incidents and failures that occur during tests
To join us as a Development Engineer, you’ll need:
- At least four years’ engineering experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), ideally a Master’s, in an aerospace, automotive or mechanical engineering discipline
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
Experience of the following would be beneficial: certifying to aerospace standards, mechanical engineering, managing a package of work to defined timescales and costs or qualifying and/or certifying products.
Other companies may call this role Powertrain Development Engineer, Aviation Systems Engineer, System Development Engineer, Product Development Engineer, Powertrain Project Engineer or Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and Vertical Aerospace are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Development Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.