1st / 2nd line Support Engineer - Linux
1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer - Linux
Bamber Bridge, Preston
£23,000 - £26,000 DOE Plus Pension, Bonus Scheme, Free Refreshments, 28 Days’ Holiday + Birthday Off
Sub 6 is an innovative provider of managed web hosting services, specialising in WordPress and Magento hosting environments. We’re now looking for a 1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer to join us in Bamber Bridge and provide a high-quality service to our clients.
As a 1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will:
- Help clients with level 1 and 2 support requests via email, the helpdesk or telephone
- Assess and respond to alerts from the internal monitoring system
- Troubleshoot client or server issues
- Carry out migrations and backup restores
- Provide technical advice to clients
To join us as a 1st / 2nd line Support Engineer, you’ll need the following, gained through a commercial environment, your hobbies, your studies or similar:
- Extensive Linux experience
- Experience of working in a root Linux environment via command line
- Previous experience of software management in Linux, including installing/upgrading RPMs and software compiles
- Knowledge of the underlying principles of web hosting services in a Linux environment (web, email, SSL, DNS and IP addressing and firewalls/security)
- Great communication skills
It would be great if you had experience of cPanel, as that’s the software we use, but this isn’t essential.
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Linux Support Analyst, 1st Line Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Analyst, Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, IT Support Engineer or Technical Support Analyst specialising in WordPress and Magento hosting environments, primarily using Linux and cPanel servers.
What are the benefits?
- Develop your career with a modern and forward-thinking business
- Join a close-knit team who are always exploring new technologies
- Take on an integral role in the day-to-day running of the business
- Internal progression opportunities
Webrecruit and Sub 6 are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of 1st / 2nd line Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.