Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy delivering great customer service? If so, we currently have an opportunity for a development engineer to join our busy team at Kennet Way, Trowbridge.
Wessex Water is the top performing water and sewerage company in the UK, serving 2.8 million customers across the south west of England. It is part of the Wessex Water Group, which comprises a number of other companies, alongside our regulated business, including engineering and construction, property development and waste management and renewable energy services.
Our developer services team is responsible for reviewing new development proposals and protecting Wessex Water's supply and sewerage network. We pride ourselves on delivering a professional, high-quality service to our customers.
We are looking for someone who can deliver great customer service, while maintaining a positive attitude and showing the enthusiasm to learn new skills. You should also have the confidence to make decisions using logical and informed judgement.
You will provide advice and guidance on new developments likely to affect the public sewerage and water supply system. This will involve the assessment of sewerage infrastructure proposed for adoption by Wessex Water, as well as proposals to divert public sewers and water mains.
Your responsibilities will include:
* exercising control over new development likely to affect the public sewerage and water supply system
* assessing, commenting and advising on the implications of new sewerage proposals by developers
* assessing new sewerage infrastructure proposed for adoption by Wessex Water, ensuring it meets the required standards
* procuring and monitoring agreements for proposed works relating to the adoption of sewers and diversion of public sewers and water mains
* working within regulatory timescales and budgetary limits
* leading our north development team at our Trowbridge office
* managing and maintaining relationships with external and internal customers.
The ideal candidate should:
* have a degree in engineering
* have SuDs design experience
* be computer literate
* be able to work under pressure and prioritise their workload to meet target levels of service
* be highly organised with excellent attention to detail
* be able to communicate at all levels when dealing with internal and external customers.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
* Defined contribution pension scheme.
* 24 days' holiday rising to 28 with length of service.
* Life insurance.
* Childcare vouchers.
* Cycle2Work scheme.
* Discounts and cashback scheme from more than 1,200 high street and online suppliers.
Sound interesting? Please apply by clicking APPLY below quoting job reference REQ002403.
The closing date is 5 November 2018.
Please remember you must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK and provide evidence of qualifications gained. All offers of employment will be subject to a Basic Disclosure Criminal Records check.