Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Cambridge, CB5 8PB
Apply: Please click “Apply Now” and upload a CV and Cover Letter.
Bespak’s in-house Innovation team consists of around 40 colleagues working in partnership with our customers to bring new ideas to the market and create a new generation of drug delivery devices. At the Innovation Centre we get to see our designs go from early concept stage right through to manufacture for patient use.
The Mechanical Engineer role is structured from entrant to principal level, however at all levels you will carry out a range of engineering activities for innovation projects to identify, design and develop new drug delivery products.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer at the Bespak Innovation Centre you will be responsible for:
• Supporting the development of new drug delivery devices, from early stage product concepts to ready for clinical trial product.
• Providing input to technical reports and design documentation ensuring that the content is accurate and informed.
• Procuring prototype parts using appropriate manufacture techniques, such as rapid prototyping and machining.
• Carrying out diligent laboratory testing, including creation of test protocols, designing and procuring test apparatus, analysis of results and report writing.
• Providing input into the development of mathematical models of system or component parts to understand the operation of new drug delivery devices and to ensure that they will perform consistently in the specified operating environment.
• Supporting technical analysis of mechanical systems, such as tolerance analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA)
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel that they can be their real and authentic selves whilst being treated with dignity and respect. We are always happy to explore flexible working and we are a proud member of the disability confident employer scheme. We are an equal opportunity employer who will review your application based solely on your skills, experience & potential.
We will support you throughout the recruitment process with any adjustments you require. Please contact the Recruitment Team if you require support.
What we offer you
We want to provide an environment where our colleagues play an active part in the growth of our business. A challenging but supportive environment where talented people can really grow and take advantage of a wide range of diverse opportunities that we offer.
We regularly benchmark ourselves against our industry and we are confident that we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our colleagues including 28 days holiday plus statutory holidays, 8% employer contribution to pension scheme, private medical insurance, group life assurance, employee share schemes and an active well-being programme.
Great locations as well as a positive, people-focused culture with charity and social activities a part of everyday life. It all contributes to creating a working environment which is friendly, supportive and nurturing.
Millions of patients all over the world rely on what we do
Bespak is the name behind some of the most widely used and trusted inhalation devices in the world. We are a global market leader providing pharmaceutical companies around the world with inhaler and auto-injector technologies and development and manufacturing services.
Integrity > Respect > Team Work > Results Driven > Customer Focus
The culture at Bespak is driven by five core values. Integrity drives mutual Respect. Integrity and Respect are the basis for Team Work. Integrity, Respect and Team Work promote a Results Driven and Customer Focused culture.