Ulverston, Cumbria (with travel to sites in the UK and overseas)
Do you have experience of manufacturing electronic products, or are you an engineer from a manufacturing background? Perhaps you’re an enthusiastic graduate looking to get your foot on the career ladder?
Are you up for the challenge of designing unique lighting solutions for real applications?
If so, you may be the Manufacturing Engineer our client is looking for.
Operating at the cutting edge of lighting solutions, our client is an expert designer, manufacturer and supplier of value-added LED solutions.
They are now looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their friendly, hard-working team in Ulverston.
- Salary of £26,000 - £38,000 DOE
- Team-oriented and welcoming work environment
- Excellent training
- Flexible working hours
- Beautiful location with excellent transport links
- Take new product designs from concept through to prototype and on to volume production
- Develop your career with a market-leading business that’s increasing their product design rate
With 25 years of success, our client has built quite the name for themselves in their industry. They are trend setters in the world of LED lighting, have a track record for designing world-leading products and have even won a Queen’s Award for their innovations.
Whether you’re just starting out in your career or already have some experience under your belt, our client will provide you with the training and support you need to realise your full potential.
What’s more, our client’s location offers a great life/work balance, as you can walk right out of work and into the stunning Lake District. With its open spaces, bustling towns, festivals and huge numbers of pubs, restaurants and clubs, the opportunities for both adventure and leisure are immense.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you’ll support the mechanical and electrical/electronic design of our client’s LED lighting products.
In this key role, you’ll ensure that products are engineered for economic and efficient manufacture at company sites.
Joining the Technical Team, you will:
- Visit manufacturing sites in the UK and overseas to initiate new manufacturing activities and control existing operations
- Perform LED optical system design, including custom LED optics
- Carry out LED thermal system design, including custom LED cooling solutions
- Take part in electronics design, PCB design and prototyping
- Analyse and report on customer products
- Increase your LED component and LED industry knowledge
To be considered as a Manufacturing Engineer, you’ll need:
- Experience of the volume manufacture of electronic or similar products OR engineering experience and a background in manufacturing
- To be a creative designer who is driven by results
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in CAD software
- A self-motivated approach and a great eye for detail
Our client is also eager to hear from graduates with a degree level qualification in an engineering or applied science discipline.
Other companies may call this role Product Manufacturing Engineer, Electronic Manufacturing Engineer, Design Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Manufacturing Design Technician, NPD Engineer or Engineer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Manufacturing Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.