MOT Technician / Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester / Mechanic
Job Title: MOT Technician
Location: Brownhills, Walsall
Salary: £22,180 to £26,208 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37h per week, Monday to Friday working pattern)
Closing date: Sunday 9th December 2018
The Council are seeking a qualified MOT tester. Working within a team of highly motivated fleet managers, workshop technicians and MOT testers working at their modern workshop & test centre located at Pelsall Road Depot, Brownhills.
The successful candidate will undertake MOT testing to approved standards for Taxi and Private Hire and the general public including Class 4, 5 and 7.
* Conducting MOT tests in accordance with testing station procedures, legislation and regulations
* Part of a customer focused team, working towards high levels of customer satisfaction and promoting a positive image of the service
* Daily planning of works in order to meet MOT service schedules, ensuring daily allocation of work is completed within scheduled time periods
* Working in accordance with the requirements of the council’s Operating Licence
* Health & Safety - working in accordance with safe operating practices, health & safety policies, procedures and depot site safety rules
* To work as part of a wider fleet workshop team in assisting front line service provision through pro-active maintenance of fleet, plant and equipment
The Successful Candidate will:
* Have MOT nominated testers qualification( Nominated Tester Training - NTT) Class 4 - (Class 1, 2, 5 & 7 preferred however training will be provided post employment and therefore not essential at recruitment stage) or equivalent City & Guilds, BTEC, National Craft Certificate, NVQ
* Driving licence (full unrestricted for classes of vehicle to be tested)
* Annual leave 25 to 30 days per annum (depending on length of local government service)
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Vehicle Mechanic, Automotive Technician, Automotive Mechanic, Vehicle Technician, Automotive Engineer, Vehicle Engineer, Vehicle Servicing, Motor Technician, Automotive Servicing, MOT, MOT Tester, MOT Vehicle Technician, MOT Test Technician may also be considered for this role.