An amazing chance to lead and deliver effective procurement and supplier processes that support our European production sites.
NKT Photonics is a dynamic, international high-tech company and a leader in the development, manufacture and supply of high performance fibre lasers and photonic crystal fibres. We employ some of the best and most creative people in our industry and they have helped to make us one of the fastest growing and most innovative photonics companies in the World.
Now is a great time to join us as we embark on significant and hugely exciting growth plans; not just here, but across our global organisation - so be prepared for change and career opportunities!
It’s an exciting, inspiring place to work where we encourage both personal and career development. To support our plans, we are now looking for a talented Procurement Manager to join our growing team.
You will support the global business by driving the development and implementation of a strategy for the procurement of optical components and equipment world-wide; managing our supplier base and securing stable deliveries to our production facilities in Europe.
By thinking and acting innovatively in your area, you will re-engineer how we spend, so that we are achieving the best possible value for money from global and local contracts. This will enable us to ensure that we stay at the cutting edge of our industry and are able to help our customers develop the next generation of solutions.
- Manage the procurement and supply of optical components
- Consolidate our supplier pool to increase its abilities and improve cost efficiencies
- Analyse business needs and cost drivers to enhance procurement processes
- Evaluate and select new suppliers and build strong working relationships
- Lead contract negotiations
- Provide expertise and support to the local Supply Chain team
- Spend around 20% of your role travelling to suppliers and other NKT Photonics offices within Europe
- Procurement or category/commodity management experience, gained in an international multi-site design and manufacturing environment
- Contract creation and management experience
- Excellent negotiation and influencing abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to engage tactfully and collaboratively across cultures
Experience of sourcing optical components and equipment would be beneficial, as would professional procurement training or a qualification such as CIPS (or equivalent).
We embrace a culture in which a healthy work-life balance is encouraged; and we promote a positive, supportive working environment. To support our growth plans, we are investing in expanding our facilities and rapidly enlarging our talented teams. We provide a great place to work with good people and exciting, industry leading products.
If we sound like the place you would like to work, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing & Procurement Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Category Manager, Commodity Manager, Purchasing.