Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are growing quickly - so be prepared for change and career opportunities!
NKT Photonics is a dynamic, international high-tech company and a leader in the development, manufacture and supply of high performance fibre lasers and photonic crystal fibres. We employ some of the best and most creative people in our industry and they have helped to make us one of the fastest growing and most innovative photonics companies in the World.
Now is a great time to join us as we embark on significant and hugely exciting growth plans; not just here, but across our global organisation - so be prepared for change and career opportunities!
It’s an exciting, inspiring place to work where we encourage both personal and career development. To support our plans, we are now looking for a talented Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the mechanical design of high power laser systems and associated equipment throughout the complete product lifecycle.
Along the product journey, you will use your problem-solving skills to deliver innovative solutions to ensure that we stay at the cutting edge of our industry and can help our customers develop the next generation of solutions.
- Use SolidWorks to design bespoke laser systems and new laser platforms, as well as performing modifications to existing designs
- Liaise with Optical and Electronic Engineers to generate new design concepts
- Take ownership of mechanical designs throughout the product lifecycle, including BOM generation and maintenance
- Design, model and test cooling schemes for thermal management
- Assemble prototypes and work with Engineers to prepare assembly instructions
- Occasionally travel to suppliers and other NKT Photonics offices within Europe
- Mechanical design experience, ideally within a precision optical environment, although those with experience in a mechatronics or electronic product environment are welcomed
- A track record of appropriate material choices and designing for both sheet metal fabrication and CNC machining
- Experience in CFD and thermal management and design for EMC
- Familiarity with drawing standards and geometric tolerances
- Expertise in 3D CAD, ideally SolidWorks
- A qualification in mechanical engineering
A qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Physical Sciences would be beneficial to your application, as would experience in the following: working in the laser industry, high power (kW) laser technology, CFD and thermal management, design for EMC and optical, electronics or industrial product design.
We embrace a culture in which a healthy work-life balance is encouraged; and we promote a positive, supportive working environment. To support our growth plans, we are investing in expanding our facilities and rapidly enlarging our talented teams. We provide a great place to work with good people and exciting, industry leading products.
If we sound like the place you would like to work, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Mechanical Engineer, Lead Mechanical Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Development Engineer, Electrical Product Development Engineer, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering.