CAD Microstation Technician
As Senior Technician, which reports to our Principal Engineer under the direction of the Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking the activities using Microstation.
- Working on railway projects as part of the Civil Engineering team in Reading.
- Production and management of 2d & 3d Microstation models for railway projects.
- Production of accurate drawings and schedules in accordance with company procedures.
- Achievement of targets agreed with the Team Leader and Principal Engineer regarding the effective delivery of drawings to current engineering and BIM standards, within agreed timescales.
- Working with junior CAD technicians within the team providing guidance when required.
- Ideally a minimum HNC or equivalent
- Advanced user of Microstation with the ability to produce and manipulate complex 3D models for railway projects.
- Experience of Network Rail CAD and BIM standards.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to communicate in a professional manner with team member and clients.
- Actively and effectively plan own work both short-term and long-term.
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision. Experience of effectively managing timescales / efficiencies
- Commercial awareness is desired but not essential.