Biomass Operator / Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Biomass Operator / Maintenance Technician
Location: Ellesmere Port
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 14th December 2018
The Company is the UK’s leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England and has always been privately owned. Their main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005. Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of facilities are being built in the Stanlow area. The Company specialises in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils deliberately excluding any raw materials that could also be used for food or feed.
They are currently looking to recruit for a Biomass Operator/Maintenance Technician who will work within their Oil Terminal’s (AOT) Operations team; responsible for ensuring the safe, effective operation of steam raising plant & supply of materials to the Biomass plant at AOT.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Responsible for Ensuring that strict emissions readings are maintained within permissible parameters set by the environmental agency
* Ensuring good combustion is maintained by controlling of fans and dampers via DCS
* Responsible for the safe receipt, unloading & use of materials specifically to Biomass facility
* Completing daily boiler water quality assurance checks and implementing any such corrective measures
* To ensure that receipts, deliveries & operations are carried out efficiently and safely with good record keeping and accuracy
* Carrying out regular checking and cleaning plant & equipment as necessary to maintain standards & efficient operation
* Completing Planned Preventative Maintenance related to Operational equipment
* Able to safely perform ‘first-line’ mechanical maintenance on Biomass plant & associated equipment through previous experience, knowledge or qualifications
* Ensuring that Third party contractors/hauliers all adhere to Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and AOT site rules
* Responsible for the cleanliness of the Biomass facility, including loading/receipt bays and associated plant & equipment
* Responsible for ensuring that the site Biomass boiler is kept fuelled and sufficient feedstock is available.
* Assist with trials, project development and quality audits relating to the operation of equipment and its implications on manufacturing
* To provide basic cleaning of the equipment and ensure a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness to the working area
* To accurately record information and events on report formats as required
* To provide fault identification and corrective action as necessary, monitor and record accurately equipment condition and spare parts usage
* Reports through the Operations Supervisor and provides operational duties along with first line, maintenance and corrective repair with a professional focus, technical advice and support to the Engineering department
* Works cohesively with the engineering or manufacturing management teams and /or associated maintenance and technical organisations as appropriate
* Exercises sound technical / Operational judgment either independently, or under the general direction of The Plant supervisor and the Maintenance manager and within the defined assignment of internal technical authority
Health and Safety
* Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities
* Always wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care
* Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately.
* Ensure all staff and visitors operates in compliance with Safety regulations
* Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out
* Full knowledge of the Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
* Health and safety qualification
* Valid telehandler/forklift certificate
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
* Previous experience of DCS plant operating system
* Experience of safe operation of steam raising plant
* Previous operational experience of Plant & equipment is essential
* Previous experience Boiler system operations is an advantage
* Experience on COMAH sites is an advantage
* Computer literate with a good understanding of excel spreadsheets, email & general PC awareness
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Maintenance, Electrical Services Engineer, Plant Maintenance Technician, Boiler Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Service Engineer, Plant Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Biomass Operator, Boiler Engineer, Senior Maintenance Engineer, COMPEX, ONC, BTEC, Forklift Driver, Process Plant Engineer, Biomass Engineer, Chemical Engineer, TIG Repair, Fabrication Engineer may also be considered for this role