Rolling Stock Maintainer/Fitter- Rail Grinding
- Operating or maintaining the machine safely and effectively, as instructed by the Grinding or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Reporting any machine defects to Grinding or Maintenance Supervisor, where appropriate.
- Collating the data output from the machine where applicable.
- To work safely and effectively to Colas Rail Services Operations procedures.
- Assist as required
- Assist in maintaining quality systems, machine safety packs and stabling database by continually monitoring, reviewing and making recommendations for updating as required
- Undertake any other duties if assessed as competent to do so
- Work to applicable Safety Plans and Method Statements.
- Comply with Section 7 of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Recognised formal apprenticeship in Mechanical / Electrical engineering
- To have achieved the core competencies of Foundation Course,Machine Setup and Packaway for Operation Grinding Railgrinding maintainer for Operations /Maintenance competence matrix.
- Driving Licence
- Fire Training
- Emergency First Aid
- Depot /Yard Inductions
- Basic Laser Safety
- Rail Grinding Operations
- Designated Person Duties
- EDU Depot Protection Arrangements
- Grinding Machines Vista Rail Measurement System
- Laser Safety Management
- Full PPE as required by GO/RT 3279
Apply for Rolling Stock Maintainer/Fitter- Rail Grinding
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly