Test Engineer - Mechanical and Electrical
Test Engineer - Mechanical and Electrical
Loughborough University, Leicestershire
Our client is the business standards company that helps organizations all over the world make excellence a habit. For more than a century, they’ve been showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth.
Renowned for their marks of excellence, including the consumer recognized Kitemark™, their influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT.
They’re now looking for a Test Engineer to join them at one of their testing laboratories at Loughborough University.
- Salary of up to £40,000 per annum
- Excellent company-contributed pension scheme
- Company-paid private medical insurance
- A wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
- Develop your career with a business that’s committed to continual improvement, integrity and inclusivity
- 27 days’ annual leave (with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days)
This is a rare chance for a test equipment professional with electrical and mechanical engineering experience to take the next step in their career with a world leader in product standards.
Our client pridesthemselves on setting industry benchmarks for a wide variety of different products and enabling companies to become the best in their field. You’ll discover they’re focused on developing their people and are keen for you to expand your expertise and do more with your career.
The facility in Loughborough is a melting pot of exciting professions, testing environments and ideas. Having taken over the testing lab from a national gas supply company, they’re perfectly placed to deliver testing solutions that lead the way. It’s a great place to work in the heart of the university and is surrounded by other international brands and companies who also test there.
As a Test Engineer, you’ll play a key role in the support of testing activities, looking after various engineering and technical projects.
Primarily, you’ll ensure that testing rigs are working perfectly, suppliers are fulfilling their maintenance contracts and all on-going maintenance, repair and new equipment is project managed effectively.
Additionally, you’ll develop new significant test rigs and manage major updates for existing rigs.
Your role will also involve:
- Supporting and implementing new product development projects
- Working with the Support Team and Team Managers
- Seeing projects through from scoping to final sign-off
- Taking responsibility for the specification and provision of new or replacement equipment
- Developing and constructing new or upgraded test equipment
- Supporting laboratory staff with on-going projects to support processes or technical knowledge
To be considered as a Test Engineer, you’ll need:
- Experience of on-going maintenance, repair and provision of new testing equipment
- Electrical and mechanical engineering experience
- Experience of managing complex large scale projects at one time
- An understanding of laboratory processes, across multiple sites
An HNC level qualification in an appropriate engineering discipline would be beneficial to your application. Experience of working in a test lab environment would also be advantageous.
Other organizations may call this role Project Engineer, Test Engineer, Test Maintenance Engineer, Test Project Engineer, Test Technician, Mechanical Testing Engineer, Electrical Testing Engineer, Test Project Manager, or Test Equipment Engineer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready for an incredible career adventure as a Test Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.