Quantity Surveyor / Contracts Manager
Job Title: Surveyor
Location: Matlock, Derbyshire
Salary: £31,404 - £34,497 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full time (37 hours per week)
Closing date: 17th February 2019
The Council are looking to appoint an experienced quantity surveyor/contracts manager to join their busy in-house design team to prepare tender documents, valuations, final accounts and management information including organising and supervising builders and minor works contracts.
* Manage, in conjunction with the Group Manager, staff to ensure all projects and programme of work are delivered on time and within budget working within all necessary legal and statutory requirements.
* Develop contractor Frameworks and manage day-to-day performance. Preparing reports and letters for the Group Manager.
* Write and prepare specifications for building work.
* Carry out interim valuations of building work in progress and prepare and agree final accounts.
* Prepare post contract cost estimates for changes in building works and give cost advice to architects and agencies relating to all proposed variations.
* Advise on and initiate action in relation to all matters of difference or dispute arising under allocated contracts.
* Provide periodic interim management reports on contractor and team performance to Group Manager.
* Assist in the preparation of team work programmes and monitor progress and performance for specific schemes.
* Initiate and pursue contract approvals and letting procedures.
* Managing major schemes from inception to agreement of final account
* Proficient in the use of computerised systems in connection with project management and contract work
* Presentation of reports
* Team management, supervision and delegation of work
* Providing estimating and cost advice
Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to manage and motivate staff to achieve targets
* Effective written and verbal communication
* Ability to work as part of a team and to establish good working relationships
* Excellent time management skills
* A knowledge/ awareness of the County Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy
* Ability to travel between sites to supervise site inspections at various locations throughout the County
* Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or membership of a relevant professional body (i.e. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
* Competitive salary
* Travel expenses associated with completing the duties of your post
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Flexible working between the hours of 7am and 7pm
* Continued professional development
* Generous leave scheme
Please click on the APPLY button to access the Council’s careers page and complete the application.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Project Surveyor, Building Surveyor, Property Surveyor, MCIOB, MRICS, MCABE, Building Services Surveyor, Construction Project Surveyor, Building Contracts, Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer, Property and Facilities Surveyor, Contracts Manager, Construction Projects, Projects Manager, Construction Contracts Manager, Contracts Coordinator, Contracts Manager, Contracts Specialists, Contracts Officer, Construction Contracts Officer, Tender Manager, Production Contracts Manager, Design Contracts Manager may also be considered for this role.