Senior Product Design Engineer
Senior Product Design Engineer
Garretts Green, Birmingham
Our client is recruiting on behalf of Dalen Limited, a leader in the design, manufacture and installation of technical furniture.
Trading as Top-Tec, their innovative product designs range from AV and media lectures to collaborative workplace solutions.
As a key member of their team has moved on, they are now seeking an enthusiastic Senior Product Design Engineer to join their team in Garretts Green.
- Salary of up to £42,000 DOE
- On-site parking
- Easy access to rail links
- Design innovative and wide-ranging products
- See your ideas come to fruition in the production environment
This is a rare and exciting role for a talented design professional with strong SolidWorks skills to enhance their career with a fantastic, innovative and growing company.
You’ll discover a company with a rich history of outstanding products, exciting designs and practical solutions that has embraced new technology and the requirements of a modern, connected society.
From the latest in digital signage to impressive reception furniture, you’ll be getting involved in all manner of design projects and will have the chance to set your creativity free and deliver some incredible solutions.
As a Senior Product Design Engineer, you will be tasked with creating new products, updates for existing items and developing prototypes.
Working with sheet metal and complementary materials, you’ll be balancing concepts with functionality and will be able to follow each design through to manufacturing, seeing it come to life and succeed in the marketplace.
The role will also involve:
- Undertaking some custom design work
- Occasionally liaising with customers to discuss their requirements
- Using SolidWorks for your design efforts
- Developing the technical requirements for designs and products
- Working with internal teams during the design process to ensure that the product is designed to the correct specification, and all aspects of component pricing, purchasing and manufacturing are discussed and agreed
To be considered as a Senior Product Design Engineer, you will need:
- Professional experience of using SolidWorks
- An engineering or product design degree (or an equivalent qualification)
- A good understanding of sheet metal manufacturing principles
- The ability to create clear unambiguous technical or engineering drawings for suppliers and production staff to easily understand
Specific knowledge of designing the types of products Dalen manufacture, such as audio visual, furniture or lecterns would be beneficial to your application. Some experience of managing multiple projects against demanding deadlines would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Product Design Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Design Technician, CAD Engineer, CAD Technician, SolidWorks Designer, SolidWorks Design Engineer, Designer, or Product Designer.
The company is also interested in hearing from candidates with experience as a Sheet Metal Design Engineer, Sheet Metal Designer, Sheet Metal Design Technician, Sheet Metal Product Designer, or Metal Design Engineer.
Webrecruit and Top-Tec are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for a fresh challenge as a Senior Product Design Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.