Power Systems Expert
Power Systems Expert
About the Company
Our client is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They are now looking for a Power Systems Expert to help them further innovate within electrical systems design for their powerplant.
- Competitive salary
- Discretional bonus system
- Pension contributions of 3%
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and an extra day on your birthday
This is an outstanding opportunity for an innovator with in-depth electrical systems design experience and an amazing grasp of engineering principles to get involved with high-level engineering projects that push forward personal flight.
With a mission to revolutionise the aviation industry, our client is defining the future of air travel and creating solutions that are more efficient, more effective, better for the environment and more convenient. And that’s where you come in.
You’ll be helping push forward the way that solutions are powered and diving into the middle of some incredible projects. You’ll drive innovation, different ways of thinking and new practices and will be key to the company’s success.
So, if you are ready for the next big project in your career and want to make a real difference, this is the role for you.
As the Power Systems Expert, you’ll be supporting the development of our client’s incredible personal air travel vehicle, focusing on the development integration and certification of bespoke aircraft electrical equipment.
Working on various systems including battery management systems, solid state circuit protection, inverters/motor controllers and on-board electrical distribution systems, you will be vital to system optimisation, bringing best practice and innovation to this area of our client’s operations.
Your role will also involve:
- Working with suppliers and in-house engineers
- Designing electrical system architecture
- Integrating electrical systems within vehicle and powertrain projects
- Ensuring compliance with aerospace standards
- Defining test requirements to achieve certification
- Supporting electrical, mechanical, modelling and simulation design activities
- Assisting in prototype manufacture
To be considered as the Power Systems Expert, you will need:
- Significant electrical systems design experience, ideally gained in the aerospace industry
- Experience and proficiency of at least one current CAD package (SolidWorks preferred)
- A thorough understanding of engineering 1st principles and the ability to perform basic hand calculations to sense check designs
- A detailed understanding of the Design Requirements and System Engineering approach
- Good fundamental knowledge of Aircraft Structures and Systems
- A high level of self-drive with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- A Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Motorsport, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Experience of certifying to aerospace (or similar) standards would be beneficial to your application. A Masters or PhD in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent would also be advantageous.
Experience in communicating with management, industry regulators, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs would also be desirable. A delegation within an aerospace DOA would be equally favourable.
Other organisations may call this role Power Systems Engineer, Electrical Systems Design Engineer, Electrical Systems Architect, Electrical Design Engineer, Senior Electrical Engineer, Electrical R&D Engineer, or Aerospace Electrical Engineer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for a new challenge as a Power Systems Expert, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.