Turning Production Engineer / Process Engineer
Job Title: Production Engineer (Turning)
Location: North Shields, Tyne & Wear
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is based in North Shields, they are a sub-contract, precision engineering company that provides machining services to market-leading, global companies in a variety of sectors such as Oil & Gas, Medical, Automotive & Motorsport.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide technical support to the turning team with the aim of improving efficiency & quality within the section. Implement standard operating procedures that support the continuous improvement initiatives currently being rolled out throughout the business.
Manage all aspects of the tooling, including budgets, ordering & new product implementation. Manage maintenance schedules for all of the machines.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide Technical Support to the Turning Team
* Liaise with their Tooling Company Partner on all aspects of tooling
* Manage the Monthly Tooling Budget
* Tooling Purchases
* Review Drawings & Route Card Machining Sequences
* Manage the Service Schedule for the Machines
* Knowledge of Milling & Offline CAD/CAM advantageous
* Previous Experience of Lean Manufacturing, 5s & Continuous Improvement also an advantage
* To work in a safe and efficient manner at all times, adhering to policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety
* When required, support other areas of the business when and where the need arises as directed by senior managers
The ideal Candidate will have/ be:
* Extensive experience in an engineering role within a sub contract manufacturing business
* Extensive knowledge of tooling within a sub contract manufacturing business
* Hands on experience of both programming & operating CNC Lathes is essential
* Hands on experience of both programming & operating CNC Milling machines is an advantage
* CAD/CAM Experience
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal
* Friendly and professional attitude when dealing with colleagues, customers and suppliers
* Computer literate, with the ability to use all aspects of MS Office
* The ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines, whilst remaining calm under pressure
* Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
* Willing to undertake any training relevant to the role
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; CNC Programmer, CNC, Operator, CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, Programmer, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, CNC Miller, Miller, Machine Operative, CNC Setter, Setter, CNC Programming, Machine CNC Turner, CNC Engineering, Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Development Engineer, Process Design Engineer, High Volume Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Operations Engineer, Production Projects Engineer, Design Engineer, Production Operations, Project Coordinator, Project Management, Electrical Engineer, Electronics Engineer may also be considered for this role.