Senior Flight Controls Engineer
Senior Flight Controls Engineer
About Our Client
Our client is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They are now looking for a Senior Flight Controls Engineer to join them and support the ongoing development of their personal aircraft.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of 3%
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the creation of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry.
Our client believesthat great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As the Senior Flight Controls Engineer, you will help to develop, integrate, and certify flight control laws for our client’s vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft.
Joining a fast-paced design and build environment, you will work with suppliers and in-house Engineers to create an optimised integrated system in-line with best practice.
Your duties will involve:
- Leading the design, development and validation of flight control laws for novel aircraft configurations
- Demonstrating how designs comply with relevant aerospace standards
- Guiding and mentoring junior team members
- Building strong relationships with hardware, software and technical services suppliers
- Supporting the Test Team when required
To join our client as a Senior Flight Controls Engineer, you will need:
- Experience of working on the flight control aspects of aircraft programs
- Previous experience of tuning and optimising control systems
- Knowledge of aircraft control, stability and handling qualities
- A good understanding of aerodynamics, flight characteristics and sensor technology
- An understanding of how to interpret certification requirements and demonstrate compliance to them
- The ability to apply your experience to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics
- A degree level qualification in Aeronautical, Mechanical, Systems Engineering or equivalent
Ideally, you will have experience of being directly involved in flight test programmes, but this isn’t essential. Experience of aircraft certification would also be an advantage.
Experience of working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft and/or multirotors would be equally beneficial, as would experience of MATLAB or Simulink.
Other companies may call this role Flight Controls Engineer, Aerospace Controls Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, Systems Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Aviation Engineer, Aerospace Systems Engineer or Aeronautical Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Senior Flight Controls Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.