Our client is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They are now looking for a Simulation Engineer to join them in Bristol and oversee a range of simulation projects.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of up to 5% from 1st April
- Share scheme
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a skilled team of innovators and support the success of a ground-breaking project with huge potential.
Joining our client on this unique journey, you’ll be encouraged to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas.
So, if you think you have what it takes to challenge the status quo and transform the aviation industry as we know it, our client wants to hear from you.
As a Simulation Engineer, you will deliver a range of simulation projects, ensuring they deliver critical information to support our client’s product development, as well as influence their technical strategy.
You will also carry out hands-on development activities to extend the company’s core flight simulation into other tools within the business.
Reporting to the Head of Software & Avionics, you will:
- Create and manage a prioritised simulation development plan
- Liaise with different teams to ensure a focus on the verification and validation of simulation models
- Keep up-to-date with new simulation technology developments and how these may aid our client
- Implement software to integrate simulation into testing capabilities
- Help to explore and validate technical solutions
To be considered as a Simulation Engineer, you’ll need:
- Excellent MATLAB and Simulink skills
- Strong knowledge of current and evolving simulation technologies
- Good knowledge of multi-physics problems
- To be able to apply your experience to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics
- A degree level qualification or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to different audiences
- A passion for technology and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Experience of the following would be beneficial: working in a highly regulated environment, working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotocrafts/multirotors, direct involvement in flight test programmes, running distributed simulations or Unity/Unreal.
Other companies may call this role Simulation Engineer, Aviation Simulation Engineer, System Engineer, Software Engineer, Systems Software Engineer, Software Application Engineer or Flight Simulation Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for your next step as a Simulation Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.