Field Service Support Engineer/ Laboratory Equipment Technician
Job Title: Field Service Support Engineer for XRF Laboratory Equipment
Location: Covering Southern UK
Salary: £30,000 – £45,000 depending on qualifications and experience + discretionary bonus
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
The company is a highly regarded and long-established distributor of laboratory equipment throughout the UK and Ireland. Founded in 1979, they have grown to a staff of 25 people, with an annual turnover of nearly £7M and a product line that is supplied by 23 highly respected instrument manufacturers from across the globe. Throughout this growth the Company has remained an owner-managed company and the management still remain at the forefront of both the sales process and day to day running of the company.
Following the rapid growth of their XRF installations, they are currently seeking a Service Support Engineer who will join the XRF customer support team and act as a backup for other product ranges. The successful applicant will be based either at the Stockport facility just south of Manchester or at home in a location close to the main motorway network. As part of the role, travel to customers throughout the UK and Ireland will be required as well as occasional trips abroad for product training at manufacturer locations (mainly in the USA, Japan and Germany).
The role will involve installing the equipment as well as attending breakdown and maintenance visits during working hours.
It would be beneficial for the successful candidate to have experience at being a field service engineer in a similar field. The desire to learn and develop an interest in other equipment supplied by the Company is essential.
* Valid UK or European Driving licence
* Minimum 2 years’ experience as a field service engineer or laboratory technician experience
* Flexibility as it’s a small team and they expect everyone to be prepared to adapt to new circumstances
* Readiness to deal with instrument breakdowns, fault finding and to carry out necessary repair
Key result areas:
* Become competent on the complete XRF product range offered by the Company
* Ability to install new systems and train the users
* Ability to respond to a customer break down call and resolve the issue, using all relevant support structures
* Ability to learn other techniques as required
* Competitive salary
* Discretionary bonus of up to 15% of basic salary depending on personal and company performance
* Car allowance
* Private Healthcare
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with relevant experience or job titles of: Installation Engineer, Lab Equipment Service Technician, Medical Equipment Maintenance Engineer, XRF Installation Technician, Lab Equipment Maintenance Engineer, Field Service Technician, Medical Equipment Engineer, Medical Field Service Engineer, XRF Calibration Engineer, Medical Installation Engineer may also be considered for this role.