Electrical Draughtsperson / Electrical CAD Technician
Job Title: Electrical Draughtsperson
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Salary Range: Competitive
Job Type: Contractor (minimum of 6 months) - 37.5 hours per week
The company was originally established in 2009 to design and develop small spherical tokamaks and compact fusion reactors for a range of applications. Since then they’ve unlocked a new route to scalable fusion power that is cost-effective and does not require huge infrastructure and capital expenditure. The technology will revolutionise the world’s energy production – it will be possible to produce more energy, more cheaply and with fewer harmful side effects (e.g. with no long term nuclear waste or carbon emissions).
Their current aim is to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies – spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconductors. The company’s innovation has been featured on Channel 4 news, BBC News Click and Reuters news channel and they received a Technology Pioneer Award at the World Economic Forum on 2016. This is the chance to join a fast-growing high technology company with an agile, dynamic team and to tackle the challenge of a lifetime
Purpose of the Role:
The candidate will be part of the Electrical Engineering team, which is responsible for the design, installation and commissioning of a large number of pulsed power supplies as well as installation and commissioning of the controls, diagnostics and safety systems for the ST40 programme. The Electrical Draughtsman will provide drawing and design support to the Electrical Engineering team for Electrical Equipment on ST40.
* Support Electrical Engineers with the creation of cable single line (loop) diagrams, wiring diagrams and schematics using AutoCAD Electrical.
* Modification of existing designs and drawings.
* Reverse engineering of existing electrical systems to produce drawings.
* Interpreting I/O Schedules.
* Upload and maintain drawings using a document management system such as Teamcenter (training can be given)
* Liaising with Electrical Engineers and Technicians.
* Liaising with various manufacturing companies for product details.
* Internally the post holder will communicate with the Electrical Engineering Group manager and other engineering staff working within the Company.
* The job holder will need to have self-initiative with the ability to find relevant information from different departments.
* Knowledge on AutoCAD and how to produce wiring diagrams
* Experience using AutoCAD within an Electrical environment.
* AC & DC cable single line / loop drawings.
* Electrical schematic drawings.
* Knowledge of IEC electrical drawing standards
* Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team, or alone.
* Ability to be involved in a wide range of technologies.
* Strong problem-solving ability.
* HNC / HND or similar qualification in a technical field.
* Experience of LV power distribution equipment and cable management systems.
* Knowledge of BS7671.
* Wiring sizing within a control panel.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products – especially Word and Excel.
* Willingness to learn new techniques.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
* Self-motivated and uses initiative.
* Practically minded and have a hands-on approach to work.
Training will be given to learn new techniques where required
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Electrical Drawing Technician, Electrical Schemes Technician, Electrical Drawings, CAD Technician, Electrical Plan Drawer, CAD, Computer Aided Design Technician, AutoCAD Electrical Technician, Electrical Design Engineer, 2D CAD, CAD Operator, Draughtsperson, Solidworks, Electrical Engineering, CAD Engineer may also be considered for this role.