CNC Maintenance Engineer – Aerospace Company
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: CNC Maintenance Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent – 40 Hours per week
The company are a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization founded by the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan who’s global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
The company have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are their greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together they build professional relationships that thrive. They know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of their business.
To undertake preventative and reactive maintenance. Carry out projects and machine installations as required in a machine tool environment. To maintain the buildings, plant and equipment on site. Working in a factory / shop floor environment, there may be exposure to levels of noise and dust and some chemicals and may involve working at heights.
* To carry out all instructions as provided by the Production Manager whilst ensuring maintenance targets as defined are met
* To do daily checks on plant & machinery and recording data in log to ensure that they are fit for purpose
* To ensure that contract servicing of essential machinery is in place and carried out according to the service schedules
* To undertake routine servicing of equipment / machinery according to the preventative maintenance schedules
* To react to machine breakdown in a timely fashion according to the maintenance schedule as provided by the Production Team. The job holder is required to problem solve causes of breakdown and decide the appropriate course of action to take to resolve the issue in a timely and safe manner
* To requisition required spares from suitable suppliers in line maintenance department procedures and to the approval of the Production Manager
* To ensure the Health and Safety of self and others within the department and to work according to company standards. Responsible for safe and good working practices ensuring all identified hazards are reported directly to the Production Manager and Health & Safety Specialist
* To develop and train other members within team as and when requested. To train operators on correct start-up and shutdown procedures for all machinery
* To co-ordinate the layout and siting of factory equipment to provide improved work flow areas as requested including the moving and re-commissioning of machines as required
* To take part in risk assessments relating to the operation and upkeep of process machinery, and site infrastructure as required and to actively participate in external third party audits for equipment and machinery
* To maintain the 6S standard at all times
* Competitive salary
* Company pension plan
* Positive work-life balance
* On site bonus scheme
* Excellent career progression opportunities
* Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
* Free parking
* Mobile phone/gym membership/rent a car and other employee discounts
* Employee advantages scheme
* Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
* Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
* Long Service Recognition
* Refer A Friend Awards
* Good general education
* Time served recognised engineering background with a minimum of City and Guilds, ONC, HNC, NVQ in electrical/ mechanical engineering
* Crane, FLT, Sling and cherry picker licenses desirable but not essential
* Minimum of 3 years hand on experience in a maintenance environment within a CNC machining environment.
* Aerospace industry experience would be a benefit but not essential.
* Detailed of knowledge of other maintenance activity such as electrical and plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics etc.
* Knowledge of relevant HS&E legislation
* Basic IT skills
* Strong Numeracy skills
* Knowledge of manual handling
* Excellent problem solving, communication and time management skills
* Knowledge of Siemens and Fanuc controlled machines
* High Level of hand to eye co-ordination
* Excellent decision making and judgement
* Read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings
* Be able to communicate both written and verbally with all levels (line manager, machine operators, suppliers, H&S department, third party auditors, quality and maintenance contractors)
* To work with minimum supervision
* Flexible in approach
* Team Player
* Willingness to undertake and provide further training and development as required by the company
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; CNC Maintenance Engineer, CNC, Engineer, Computer Numerical Control, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, Programmer, CNC Operative, CNC Engineering may also be considered for this role.