National Training Manager – Aerospace / Engineering
Job Title: National Training Manager - UK
Salary: Full time, Permanent
The company are a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization founded by the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan who’s global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
The company have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together they build professional relationships that thrive. They know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business.
The company, based in Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for National Training Manager, working with the Company facilities across the United Kingdom.
This is a dynamic role, where the incumbent will manage their UK's Operational Training Strategy (aligned with UK Operations) supported by site based Training Co-ordinators across 5 sites.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Training and Development professional, who will be comfortable to devise Magellan's organizational training strategy, oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes. The person will also be responsible for will identifying training and developmental needs and driving suitable training initiatives that build loyalty to the business.
Perks and Benefits:
* Competitive salary
* Company pension plan
* On site bonus scheme
* Positive work-life balance
* Excellent career progression opportunities
* Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
* Mobile phone/gym membership and other employee discounts
* Employee Social & Charity Association
* Employee advantages scheme
* Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
* Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
* Long Service Awards
* Free parking
* Manage operational training needs of MALUK – define training strategy.
* Support business areas with development of technical training programs to address competency gaps for workforce.
* Develop and coordinate quarterly/yearly training plans for facility based on identified training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
* Deliver technical training as needed.
* Develop and maintain competency matrices.
* Highly skilled in lean manufacturing methodology and tools; responsible for cascading and coaching this knowledge.
* Responsible for fostering a continuous improvement culture focused on waste elimination, employee engagement, and application/practice of lean theory.
* Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations.
* Deploy a wide variety of training methods.
* Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them.
* Manage training budget including managing the Apprentice Levy and work with local authorities to gain funding i.e. Welsh Government.
* Provide opportunities for ongoing development.
* Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary.
* Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
* Being a team member in the global training community to support and develop future training programmes/initiatives.
Experience and Position Requirements:
* Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree/Train the Trainer in a related field and/or minimum 5 – 7 years of proven experience managing a Training Function.
* CIPD Level 7
* Minimum of 5 – 7 years in an Aerospace/Engineering/Machining background
* Demonstrated deep knowledge and understanding of learning and development with extensive experience in development and delivery of learning strategies.
* Considerable Analytic Skills and detail oriented
* Excellent customer service focus
* Computer Literate
* Ability to work well under pressure with a keen eye for detail
* Intermediate user of all MS Office products
* Able to work autonomously to a high standard with reliable delivery to timescales.
* An individual who can draw upon experience & challenge current thinking or working patterns.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of; National Training Manager, Aerospace trainer, Engineering Training, Machining trainer, Aerospace Manager, Engineering Manager, Training Manager, Learning and Development, Training Manager, Training and Development, Corporate Learning, Learning and Development Coordinator, HR Manager, Training Coordinator, Learning and Development Advisor, Human Resources Manager, Training, Corporate Training , L&D Advisor will also be considered for this role.